A Brief History
CRCA is Canada's first and most experienced race marshalling club. It has played a significant role in the Ontario racing community since 1959, joining the Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs (CASC) in 1960, and acquiring its Federal Charter in 1962.
Based at Shannonville Motorsport Park, the Club has supported the racing environment by providing Corner Marshals for all forms of racing events including regional open and closed-wheel cars, R.A.C.E. Series motorcycles, National motorcycle racing and numerous special interest groups.
Marshals have participated at racing events at Mosport Park from the opening day to the present. Our members worked events at Green Acres (near Goderich, ON) and Harewood Acres (south of Hamilton, ON) until their closing. Our club organized the Corner Marshals for the first ever Canadian Grand Prix at Mosport International Raceway (formerly Mosport Park and now called Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) in 1967, and also in 1967, we were responsible for providing Marshals for the Motorcycle Grand Prix of Canada, notably the only time this country has had an FIM-sanctioned Grand Prix!
CRCA has been involved in the Toronto Molson Indy from its inaugural event, and continues to participtate in the Indy Toronto events each year.
- Reverse "stoppie" coming out of Corner 12
- Checker Flag at Corner 10
- Powering down the back straight at Shannonville...
- Frank Trombino in action at Shannonville.
- CCM keeping an eye on the track ...